« Return to website
Who we are
We are Two Wheels (Edinburgh) Ltd 36 Peffermill Road, Edinburgh EH16 5LL.
This document covers information we collect about you, whether via our websites, in our dealership based at the above address, or at any off-site event where our company is represented. Our websites are:
If you no longer wish to receive any marketing information from us you can opt out at any time by doing the following:
- Click and follow the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of one of our emails
- write to us at – 36 Peffermill Road, Edinburgh EH16 5LL.
- email us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone us on – 0131 667 7305
What personal information do we collect?
1. Personal information that we collect about you includes
- email address
- home address
- telephone number
- any information that is passed to us through social media or similar channels
- what motorcycles you own
We may need to collect additional information in order to complete specific types of enquiries and transactions. For example:
- We need to collect driving licence details when you use our training school or want to ride one of our motorcycles
- We need to collect credit or debit card information and/or other payment information for telephone orders
- We need to collect personal financial information if you are applying for finance
- We need to collect and record a proof of identity if you order a number plate
Such additional information will only be collected in order to complete these transactions and will not be used for other purposes without your consent.
What are we are going to do with this information
We use your personal information for following purposes:
- to maintain our relationship with you as a customer
- to assist in the processing of purchases
- to communicate with you regarding purchases and enquiries
- for record keeping, internal reporting and analysis
- to notify you about changes to our products and services
- to monitor the quality of our products and services
- to investigate any complaint you make
- to customise various aspects of our websites
- to communicate safety related information regarding any previous purchases or the motorcycles which you own
- to send out marketing information based on our goods and services if you have consented to this
When do we share personal information with third parties?
- Two Wheels (Edinburgh) Ltd will never sell your personal information to third parties
- We will only pass on your information for third parties for marketing purposes if you have consented to this
- We will ask for your consent to pass your personal information on to third parties if it is necessary to complete a specific type of transaction or enquiry. For example: to register a new motorcycle your details have to be passed to the DVLA, to register a Datatag kit fitment we have to pass your details on to Datatag, to book a driving test we have to pass your details onto the DVSA
- If you sign-up to our email newsletter your information will be passed to Creativity Sells Ltd to administer this
Our website is powered by Creativity Sells Limited, our third party web services provider. Creativity Sells Ltd is committed to ensuring that data is processed in accordance with applicable data privacy laws, and is kept secure. Creativity Sells Ltd uses CompuWeb Communications Services Limited as its website hosting provider. All data processed by Creativity Sells Ltd is stored on CompuWeb Communications Services Limited's web servers in the UK.
When someone visits our website, Creativity Sells Ltd collects standard internet log information (your IP address, browser, and type of device) and details of visitor behaviour patterns (where you joined our site from, the path you take through our site and where you leave). These are stored against unique ids (which are strings of numbers). Creativity Sells Ltd collects this information for the legitimate business purpose of monitoring the number of visitors to the various parts of the site, the general geographic location of visitors and engagement levels, which in turn enables it to make improvements to its websites and services, and provide business intelligence. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. It is kept indefinitely.
Creativity Sells Ltd also uses Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns, which are stored against unique ids (i.e. strings of numbers). We collect this information for the legitimate business purpose of monitoring website traffic and engagement levels, which in turn enables us to make improvements to our website and the way we sell our products and services. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. It is kept indefinitely.
Click here for an overview of privacy at Google
For more information about Google Analytics and the cookies it sets, please take a look atthis breakdown of their cookies.
Session cookies only last for the duration of a user's visit to a website. Session cookies help improve the functionality of website by passing information on from one page to another. For example, if you log in to our website, session cookies are used to keep you logged in. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
Visit the PHP website
AddThis is used to give visitors the option to recommend our website content on social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. You will see icons on the top and bottom of each of our web pages.
Where can I find more information about cookies, and how do I turn cookies off or delete cookies?
Find out more about cookies including how to disable/enable and delete them at the following website www.aboutcookies.org.
You can opt-out of receiving cookies from a range of ad servers (including, among others, Doubleclick, Videology, AudienceScience, Flashtalking and Microsoft) by visiting www.youronlinechoices.com and following the instructions provided.
Generally you can't delete Flash cookies (also known as local shared objects) with browser controls, but Adobe's website at www.adobe.comprovides information on how to delete or disable Flash cookies. Click here for details. Please note that if you disable Flash cookies, you will not be able to play content on the ITV Player.
If you want to delete cookies from the browser on your mobile phone, you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Website Order Information Privacy and Security
We DO NOT handle your card transactions and we DO NOT store any card details whatsoever. All payments made via our online shop are handled by trusted GDPR compliant payment gateways, such as Sage Pay or PayPal.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email us for assistance.
If you choose to join our company newsletter via our website, we will use your consented 'opt in' data to distribute our newsletter. If for any reason you desire NOT to continue to receive our newsletter, you can easily unsubscribe or request to have your email address removed from our active list of newsletter recipients. All data processed by Creativity Sells Ltd is stored on CompuWeb Communications Services Limited's web servers in the UK. Creativity Sells Ltd's marketing automisation platform is called 'eSendy, which uses Amazon Web Services, Inc. as its email delivery platform.
- What information do you collect about me?
Your name or email username and your email address.
- How will you use the information you collect about me?
To send you email updates on behalf of the website owner.
- Will you share any of the information you collect about me?
We act as a third party processor for the website owner. We therefore provide you with email updates on their instructions and will not share your information with anyone else.
- If you did not obtain my data directly from me, what additional rights do I have?
We have obtained your data from the website owner, whose details can be found on the contact page of this website.
- Will my data be transferred outside of the UK and, if so, what safeguards are in place?
Your data will not be transferred outside of the UK.
- How is my data stored?
In order to prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we have in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
- How long is my data kept for?
If you unsubscribe from our email updates we make minimum details to ensure that we abide by any wish not to be contacted. In order to ensure legal or regulatory compliance, such lists may be kept indefinitely. You may however unsubscribe at any stage. We act as a third party data processor for the data controller and we maintain data for as long as we have a contract in place with the website owner. For further information on their retention policy please contact the website owner, whose details can be found on the contact page of this website.
- What are my rights?
With regard to email marketing you may opt-out or unsubscribe at any stage.
Additionally you can apply for a copy of the data which we have stored at any time by contacting the privacy officer, Creativity Sells Limited, Tapton Park Innovation Centre, Brimington Road, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S41 0TZ or by emailing email@example.com or by telephoning 01246 541933. We will comply with any current data legislation by adopting reasonable methods of checking your identity and providing you with such data as you are legally entitled to within appropriate timescales. Please note that in relation to email marketing we only retain minimal data in any event.
Additionally you have the right to correct incorrect data at any stage and to receive transparent information about how your data is collected and stored and you have the right to mandatory information on data protection legislation.
If you have any queries or concerns, these should be sent to our privacy officer at the above contact address. You can also contact the information commissioner on 0303 123 1113 and more information can be obtained from www.Ico.Org.Uk/concerns.
« Return to website
Updated May 24th 2018